Sunday, September 27, 2009

Noelridge Cross Country Meet

Most fall sports are in full swing right now and at the top of their game. Our golf team is one of the best in the state, our swim team and volleyball teams are doing really well, and our football team isn’t doing too badly if you forget about the last two games we have had. Cross country, often the forgotten sport by most of the school is also in full swing. We have been having a good season and our varsity team is really good this year due to some pretty fast freshmen as well as returning runners. For a while now, we have continually been beaten by the Xavier team at our meets. Our coach always says that we are creeping up behind them but we never seem to be able to get them. On Thursday of this past week we were finally able to get them. I am not sure of the exact placing but I know we beat Xavier at the meet which they hosted at Noelridge Park.

At the meet I ran okay as usual. I had a confirmed sickness from a doctor’s appointment earlier in the day and didn’t feel good but I decided to run anyways just to see how I could do. It went fine but unfortunately I was about 5-10 minutes late to the meet which I had to pay for at practice the next day by walking down the soccer field twice with my hands and feet flat on the ground. I am not really sure what to call the exercise or how to explain it other than it was very painful. It really didn’t help that I had just completed 6 miles and was extremely worn out from the long week either. I can honestly say I have learned by lesson and will NEVER be late to a cross country meet again.

1 comment:

  1. HR you rock! I don't think I will ever be late...that didn't look fun!

    ReplyDelete