Sunday, January 24, 2010

Farmville:)



So as of recently, maybe a few months ago, I have become addicted to Zynga Games on Facebook. My interest in these games started out seemingly innocent; I would play them on the weekends for maybe an hour tops. Now it seems I am playing them for at least an hour every night. Granted, I am over exaggerating a bit when I use the word addiction. It all started out one day when I got a request to be someone’s neighbor on Farmville. Although I had heard about this game and thought it looked stupid, I decided to try it since it was one of my really good friends who sent me the request. I played the game for like a day and the next thing I knew I was bored to death so I stopped playing. A week later I look at my requests and I had another neighbor request. I decided I would give the game another shot so I accepted it. This time I was sold on the game and continued to play it more and more every day. I try to put limits for myself on how long I can stay on these games but it seems that I always just dismiss them when it actually comes time to get off of them.

I have managed to limit the number of Zynga Games I play to four: Farmville, CafĂ© World, Petville, and Fishville. Even though I only play four, I still think it’s a bit excessive. The problem is these games aren’t the type of games you can just play once a week. For instance, if you only play Farmville once a week your crops will continuously wither and you won’t make a profit. I occasionally think about quitting the games but they provide me so much entertainment I don’t think I could bare to do it. Plus, the competition side of it is pretty fun too. My friend, who goes by Tulula on the blog, is in constant competition with me because we are around the same level and I’m pretty sure she has the same addiction I do to Farmville.

You might be wondering, what is so fun about these games? What do you even do? Well on Farmville you plow, seed, and harvest your crops, all for a profit. With the profits you make you can by an estate for your farm, animals, trees, machinery and more. It is almost as if it is a real farm and as you go you become a better and better farmer, thus resulting in you being able to harvest more advanced crops. It is hard to explain in words how fun the game is, but if you go on Facebook and try it you will probably understand. If you don’t play Farmville you probably can’t relate well to this post but if you do have a Facebook you might be able to. It’s like this Facebook users: every time you get on the computer (unless you are at school and haven’t been able to crack the code yet) where is the first place you go? For me, even before I played Zynga games, it was Facebook. There is even a group on Facebook that makes me laugh every time I see it called, “I was doing my homework and I ended up on Facebook,” because it’s like the story of my life. So basically I extend this post to not only addressing my Zynga Games addiction but also my Facebook addiction which I haven’t been able to cure ever since the summer after 8th grade. In fact, I have been counting and since I started writing this blog entry I have checked my Facebook page 5 times. Sad, I know.

2 comments:

  1. umm...excuse me! I was the one who taught you how to play and I was the one who got you addicted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, haha you were the one that sent me the friend request:)

    ReplyDelete