Monday, October 12, 2009

IC Cross Country Meet Number 2

On Thursday night I had my second to last cross country meet of the season. I enjoy cross country, but I am definitely ready for the season to come to an end. It is always nice just to relax once the season is over and just come home after school instead of having to run. Granted, I will only be able to take a week or two off before I need to start running again for track season but those two weeks off will be very nice. Our coach says we are going to have a 400 club with t-shirts for the people that put in 400 miles between cross country and track season and I definitely would like to be part of that. The meet on Thursday night was in IC. It is a really nice track and I know it very well so I was pumped to run despite the cold conditions. We kept our sweats on up until about a minute before our race was to start. We then stripped down solely to our uniforms, which are shorts and a tank top. Some of the other teams were wearing under amour under their uniforms but our coach said we shouldn’t do that so I listened. It ended up being good advice because once the gun went off I didn’t even think about the cold air. It was very cold out but I just focused on running and before I knew it I actually felt a little warm. The race went very well and I got one of my better times for the season.

After the race, I ate a huge muffin. It was double chocolate chip and it was so good. Everybody on the team received a muffin when they were done running as a snack. After that I went on to cheer for the varsity girls with my teammates and the other fresh/soph runners who had run earlier. Our team did pretty well as a whole and our coach was happy. Once we got back to school, I had to attempt to make it to the Kingston game I had to march in. It was an interesting experience to say the least. I was with two other girls who also do cross country and marching band. They had to go into the band room to retrieve their instruments (I already had mine) but unfortunately the doors were locked to the band room. We spent about 15 minutes trying to find someone to unlock the doors when I finally came across a man. I asked him kindly if he was a janitor, simply because we had been running into a lot of construction workers. He looked at me very funny and I explained the situation about why we needed to get into the band room. As I was doing this I realized he was clearly not a janitor. He agreed to open the doors for us and we thanked him, but I think he was still a little offended that I had at once thought he was a janitor. All the rushing ended up being for nothing because we made it there in plenty of time for half time.

No comments:

Post a Comment