Sunday, October 4, 2009

IC Cross Country Meet

At the same time that other school activities seem to be wrapping up, cross country is as well. Even though it is getting to the end for most activities the amount of stress, effort, and time that is put into these events is only increasing. As our marching band director says, we can see the finish line, and in a race when you see the finish line instead of stopping, you push harder than you ever have before. I run cross country and I only have 2 meets left. On one hand I was sad that marching band was coming to an end, but I am not really disappointed that cross country is coming to an end because I don’t find it as fun. I don’t remember exactly where our last two meets are but I know that one of them is in IC, which I am partially excited for because I know the course really well. When I go into a race knowing a course it is much less stressful and more enjoyable because the worry about getting lost or coming across an unexpected hill isn’t there, you know everything you possibly can about the course.

This past week we had a cross country meet at IC and it went pretty well. I don’t know how we placed but I did knock some time off my running so I was happy. Since it seems to be a good course, hopefully when I run there again this season I will be able to knock some more time off of my run. Even though I only have 2 meets left, the varsity girls have at least 3 meets left. Next week is a regular meet and the meet after that is the divisional meet, which the whole team runs in also. That race will be the end of my season, but the varsity girls will run at districts the next week. If they are able to place in the top 3 at districts, which we of course are all hoping for, then they will get to run in the state meet. My freshmen year our team did really good and managed to get 3rd place which qualified them for the big state meet. Unfortunately, last year we didn’t qualify but hopefully that won’t happen again. Part of our chances of qualifying will be determined when we find out what teams we run against at districts. This being said, I think we have really good chances of qualifying for state due to our strong varsity team this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment