Sunday, October 25, 2009

My 1st(maybe 2nd) Spanish Club Meeting

On Thursday I went to my first Spanish club meeting! Well, to be exact it was my 2nd Spanish club meeting if I count the time I went my sophomore year because it was right before the Spain meeting to go to Spain. I don’t really like going to clubs, but it seems like all of my friends are in clubs so I figured I better get more involved. Yes, I know peer pressure isn’t usually good but this is the positive kind.

It was really convenient to go to Spanish club because I have Spanish 6th hour with the teacher who teaches Spanish club so all I had to do was wait a little while after class. One of my friends, AM, decided to join with me so we waited together for about 10 minutes until people started showing up. The Day of the Dead is coming up, which is a Spanish holiday so we colored masks. We had to color a lot of them because Senor K plans on posting them along the hallways. Luckily though, he didn’t make us cut them all out. I will talk more about Day of the Dead once it gets nearer to the holiday but I just want to mention that it is not the Spanish Halloween. It kind of seems like it because it is all scary and spooky like Halloween and also around the same time as Halloween.

After we colored out masks we ate cookies. They were the good kind too, all soft and chewy with a thick layer of frosting on the top. I really wanted to eat the whole box but I figured I needed to save some for the other kids. As we ate our cookies we decided to work on what we were going to make our club t-shirts look like. It’s really funny because it seems like no matter what organization I join the first thing that always comes to everyone’s mind is what our t-shirts are going to look like. I don’t think I have been to a single club meeting or out for a single sport that doesn’t insist on spending days deciding how our t-shirts are going to look. Don’t get me wrong, I love t-shirts, especially when they are specially designed. All I know is that when I graduate from high school I am going to have WAY TOO MANY t-shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment