Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Last Cross Country Meet of My Junior Year

Today was my last cross country meet of my junior year. I hate to say it but I was happy it was coming to an end. I like to run but it's nice to take a break after running for so many months. Instead of going to practice after school I'll be able to go home or attend club meetings which I couldn't do all of first term. Tomorrow will be the first day of no running for me and I am very excited. Me and some people are getting together and we are going to make mole day t-shirts for chemistry because October 23rd is mole day.

I felt like I ran okay at my meet. I feel like I could have done better but I usually always feel like that. It was very cold out to say the least. When we got there it was raining on and off and the wind chill made it feel like it was snowing outside. Luckily, I was all wrapped up in my warm clothes but I was dreading the moment I would have to take them off to run. I sat around and froze for a while until the freshman and sophomore race began. Then I decided that despite how cold it was, I needed to get up and cheer for them. After that it was time to warm up. It was terrible at first because I was so cold I didn't even want to move. Luckily though, I warmed up pretty quickly. In no time at all we were at the starting line ready to run. I kept my sweats on as long as possible to try and stay warm. A few minutes before the man shot the gun I quickly took all my sweats off. It was very hard to do because it was so cold outside. All I had on to race in my uniform- shorts and a tank top like shirt. We were allowed to wear under amour but it had to be black and of course I manage to only buy bright colors of under amour so that was a problem for me. It didn't end up mattering that much because once I began running I no longer felt very cold. It was definitely the muddiest course I have ever run on. Before my race some of the freshman and sophomore girls told me that they slipped and fell. This worried me a little but I was wearing spikes so I didn’t think it would matter. I had a little more friction running up and down the hills in my spikes but I still had some pretty close calls. By the time I was finished my legs were covered in mud. I didn’t really mind too much, it was actually kind of fun to get all muddy for a change of pace. It was the third time I had run that specific course and it was the most enjoyable of all the times.

Once I was done I did a cool down with my teammates. It was nice to know that I was done for the season and that I would be able to just relax for a while and sleep in on the weekends. Unfortunately, on Saturday I won’t get to sleep in because I have to take the PSAT but hopefully on the weekends after that I will get to. After the cool down I cheered for the varsity girls and when they were done we immediately headed on the bus to go back to CR. We were so excited to get on the bus because it was so cold outside and we had been freezing for far too long. On the way back we ate subway which was really good and just relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment