Monday, October 12, 2009

Thursday Night Football Game

Sadly enough there was no football game on Friday night at Kingston. There was one on Thursday night but those are never as good because there is always the stress of having to go home to a pile of homework. I played with marching band at the Thursday night game and it wasn’t actually too bad. It’s kind of nice to watch the football games when we actually win. I can’t even remember who we played but I know we beat them. I was a little late getting to the game because I had a cross country meet in IC beforehand so I missed pregame. For pregame the marching band just goes out and plays the Star-Spangled Banner followed by the Fight Song so I didn’t miss much there. It was a pretty cold night but nothing compared to the temperatures that it would be over the weekend. Finally halftime came and we marched our show. Football games are basically just good times for us to run through our shows and practice for our competitions. We put everything we had on the field so our director would know where we were at and what needed to be worked on and cleaned up for the upcoming competition. When we were done our directors gave us feedback on how our performance went and what we needed to work on for the next show. They thought it was overall pretty good, but that we needed to work on little things, like having more confidence in everything you do on the field. I thought it went pretty good despite the cold temperature. When it gets really cold out, it makes it more difficult to play because not only do are your fingers and mouth frozen but the instruments get really out of tune. Occasionally keys will also stick or freeze which is not good either. After our show I was pretty much dreading pep band. I had a ton of homework to get done and on top of that I was really cold. Due to this, I was extremely excited when our director told us we could go home for the night and just forget about pep band. She didn’t want any of us to get sick because the following Saturday we had a big competition at Valley and it would not have been good if half of our band was out sick. So all in all, it ended up being a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment